5 Completely Random Facts About Monk
I've been on the radio here in Tuscaloosa for over 15 years but yet, some of you may not really now too much about me.
Probably the most well-known fact about me around town is that Band of Brothers Brewing Company named their Monk on the Radio Belgian Blonde after me and hopefully you've had it or we've shared one together! Being a part of the craft beer community in Tuscaloosa has been a wonderful experience and I'd never give up one minute of it. Well, I might give up that one time I drank so much that my friend had to take me home and I woke up, looked outside my home and thought someone stole my car. That's happened to other people too right? Anyway... okay.
So here are a few things you may or not know about me:
1. My favorite band is Lucero. Okay, you may know this about me because if I'm not wearing a Lucero shirt, I'm wearing their logo on my hat or hoodie. I fell in love with band five or six years ago and have seen them live 9 times now. Umm... I also have their logo tattooed on my forearm.
2. I'm a vegetarian. Actually, I'm a pescatarian but that makes me sound like a part of some crazy new religious cult so I say vegetarian. Pescatarian just means that I'll occasionally add fish into my meal. This is something that only happened recently as I didn't even eat vegetables until I was in my 30s. The decision to give up beef and pork came at the same time I also quit smoking. Count yourself lucky you weren't around me for the first two weeks of that transition! LOL!
3. I'm a writer for Okra Magazine. This opportunity came by chance as the editors ran across one of my articles on our radio station websites and the next thing you know, I'm a writer. So far I've written articles on Tuscaloosa's The Dexateens, my friend and country singer Jo Smith, The Steel Wheels, and coming soon, write ups on my multi-instrumentalist and all around cool dude John Calvin Abney and of course WBC Heavyweight Champ Deontay Wilder. The magazine is available online and also on newsstands across the south.
4. My favorite movie is Sling Blade. My favorite saying is also, "Aight den." If you've ever met me, chance are you've heard me say it. That is all.
5. I've ran 10 half marathons. I'll run the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon for the 7th time in December and it may very well be my last half. Unfortunately I think my knees are telling me that I'm getting older and need to calm that running stuff down a little bit!
A post shared by monkontheradio (@monkontheradio) on