Indies Only Playlist for September 11, 2021
This past week we highlighted new music from three Birmingham artists as well as some new favorites from across the globe!
Birmingham's Taylor Hollingsworth allowed us to officially premier his new track, When She Saw Her Daddy Cry, two weeks before it will be available to everyone! Cornelius Chapel Records also sent us the latest track from People Years, from the album XIV which lands on November 5th and we got the chance to hear another new one from The Bouquets, out now on B'ham based label Earth Libraries!
Rounding out the rest of the list was new tracks from Sincere Engineer, Madi Diaz, Big Thief, and coming in in the "longest band names in history" category, The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die.
Here's what you may or may not have missed...
- Petey - Don’t Tell the Boys
- Caroline & Claude - Stir the Pot
- Sincere Engineer - Trust Me
- Orlando Weeks - Deep Down Way Out
- Taylor Hollingsworth - When She Saw Her Daddy Cry
- They Might Be Giants - I Can’t Remember the Dream
- Madi Diaz - Nervous
- The Bouquets - Get It Right
- Gustaf - Book
- The Allergies - Love Somebody
- The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Queen Sophie for President
- People Years - Language Moves
- Big Thief - Certainty
- Tasha - Perfect Wife
- Easy Life - Ocean View
- Ada Lea - Partner
- Courtney Barnett - I’ll Be Your Mirror
- Daisy the Great (with AJR) - Record Player
- Vapors of Morphine - Irene
- Safety Town - Fake It
- Bachelor - I See It Now
- Oberhofer - Let It Go
- Colleen Green - Someone Else
- The Front Bottoms - Lover Boy
- Catbells - It’s Not Hard
- Geese - Low Era
- Parquet Courts - Walking at a Downtown Pace
- Warbly Jets - TMI
- Backyard Tire Fire - Carefree Kids
- Johnny Marr - Spirit, Power, and Soul
- Gold & Youth - The Worse the Better
- Future Islands - Peach
- The Wombats - If You Ever Leave, I’m Coming With You
- Ellevator - Easy
- Emby Alexander - Fell Into the Sun (UFO)
- Half Gringa - Sevenwater
- The Dodos - Annie
- Hayden Thorpe - Metafeeling
- The Technicolors - Nightvisions
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Survivor
- American Sigh - Almond Eyes
- Indigo De Souza - Die/Cry
- Face to Face - This Is My Vanishing Act
- John Vaderslice (with Spoon) - Time Travel is Lonely
- Sir Was - I Need a Minute
- Berry - Sound Sun
This week I'd like to spotlight Daisy the Great (with AJR) and their song Record Player. I'm sad to announce that this was the last time it will be played on Indies Only because, good news, it's now in regular rotation on Alt 101.7!
Let me know what you think of it in the comments below!
I hope you were able to listen to to the show and maybe found a few new artists you were into. If not, you'll have another chance Saturday night from 9 pm-12 am. Follow Indies Only on Instagram for a peek at some of the music coming each week!