I've done lots of research on the scariest places and cities in Alabama, as well as America.
I wish violent crimes were not an everyday occurrence in Alabama. Wish in one hand, and, well, you-know-what in the other hand....and see which one fills up first.
As we get ready for a new year, the violent crime statistics are released for review.
According to the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, the research is from the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting stats on violent crime and property crime.
The violent crime stats are broken down into these categories: Murder, Rape, Robbery, Assault, Burglary, Theft including Vehicle Theft.
The FBI also incorporates their National Incident-Based Reporting System with detailed reports on incidents.
So, here comes the most VIOLENT cities in Alabama, ranked by the highest totals of violent crime and property crime.
According to Ackerman Security, this is the latest on Tarrant, Alabama:
Tarrant’s Crime Stats:
- Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,765
- Property Crimes Per 100k: 5,959
- 1 in 16.8 chance of being robbed in 2021
OK, that doesn't sound all that bad, but it is good enough for the Top 5 on the violent city list for Alabama.
Also, courtesy of Ackerman Security, Birmingham's stats:
Birmingham’s Crime Stats:
- Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,91z
- Property Crimes Per 100k: 6,313
- 1 in 15.8 residents are robbed every year
Well, Birmingham on this list is no surprise. Birmingham in 4th place is a bit of a surprise in my view.
Ackerman Security has the stats on Lanett:
Lanett’s Crime Stats:
- Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,409
- Property Crimes Per 100k: 7,878
- 1 in 12.7 chance of being robbed
I wasn't even sure where Lanett was located when I began this project. I do now and I guess I'll be careful if I have to go through Lanett in the future.
Ackerman Security again with the breakdown on Anniston:
Anniston’s Crime Stats:
- Violent Crimes Per 100k: 2,991
- Property Crimes Per 100k: 7,854
- 1 in 12.7 chance of being a victim of a property crime
Anniston? Really? I'm a tad surprised by this fact.
Now, the moment you have all been waiting for....the No. 1 "Most Violent City In Alabama" is......
Once again, Ackerman Security with the stats:
Fairfield’s Crime Stats:
- Violent Crimes Per 100k: 2,108
- Property Crimes Per 100k: 8,047
- 1 in 60 chance of being attacked, murdered or raped
And, now, you know which cities are the most violent in the state of Alabama.
As a bonus, here a few more cities in Alabama with a high rate of violent crime, yet not in the Top 5.
Tuscaloosa (Unfortunately, more than ever, it seems)
Stay safe folks.