The Fast Food Chicken Wars: Family Meal Edition
Last summer Chick-fil-A and Popeyes went head-to-head on social media over which fast-food chain offered the best chicken sandwich. Opinions varied and Popeyes eventually ran out of buns, discontinuing their popular product for a short time. After a while, the heat died down.
Now, though, the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has caused restaurants around the country to shift their selections and the most popular trend? Introducing family-style meals.
Popeyes is adapting by offering family-style meals for 3-5 people that include the chicken sandwich that shook social media.
- 3-Person Meal: Three Chicken Sandwiches, eight pieces of signature chicken, one large side, four biscuits and three apple pies.
- 4-Person Meal: Four Chicken Sandwiches, one large side and four biscuits
- 5-Person Meal: Five Chicken Sandwiches, 12 pieces of signature chicken, two large sides, six biscuits and five apple pies
Chick-fil-A counters with their own family-style meals offering several of their specialties.
- 30-Count Nuggets, Choice of side, and one gallon of sweetened or unsweetened tea
- Four Spicy Chicken Sandwiches, choice of side and one gallon of sweetened or unsweetened tea
- Four Regular Chicken Sandwiches, choice of side and one gallon of sweetened or unsweetened tea
Chick-fil-A is offering waffle fries, mac and cheese or chocolate chunk cookies as the sides.
If you're into cooking from home, Chick-fil-A is offering "Meal Kits" for two in which you can make Chicken Parmesan. The kits will include enough food for two and can be prepared in 25 minutes at home.
You tweeted about the Sandwich Wars last summer, so let's reignite the flames -- which restaurant is offering the best family-style meal to get you through this pandemic?