Just In Time For New Year’s Day!….Louie Linguini’s Top 10 Tips For Avoiding A Hangover!
As we get set to say "Goodbye" to 2016, and "Hello" to 2017 tomorrow night, many folks will be celebrating by getting their DRINK ON! But of course, that comes with a PRICE. Luckily for you, BIG NOODLE LOU is here, with my advice on "How To Avoid A Hangover". Please know that I'm no Medical Expert. However, these have been tested "in the field", by Yours Truly. These tips have served me well. Hopefully, they will help you avoid THE DREADED HANGOVER.
10) Stick With One Type Of Drink: If you start the evening with a Beer, then it's Beer all night. If it's Wine, then, NOTHING but Wine. Tequila? Yep, same thing. Whatever you do, DON'T MIX YOUR LIQUORS! This is where you run into problems. Stick with ONE type of drink, and you reduce your chances of hugging the toilet the morning after!
9) Order The Most Expensive Drinks At The Bar: If you order nothing but High-Priced Drinks, at some point You WILL run out of money! This means, you drink LESS because you can't afford to drink MORE! This also forces you to nurse your drinks longer, when you aren't able to buy any more drinks.
8) Don't Drink On An Empty Stomach: You need FOOD to absorb the alcohol that you are consuming. Therefore, grab a bite before you grab a drink. Pizza, Cheeseburgers, Tacos, French Fries....The GREASIER the Better! But whatever you do, DON'T go out without having SOMETHING in your tummy!
7) Drink Plenty Of Water: It keeps you hydrated, it helps you drink less, and it keeps you away from the bar, because you're too busy running to the bathroom to go pee!
6) Take Your Vitamins: Experts say that a night of drinking depletes nutrients in your body. Therefore, it's a good idea to take a Multi-Vitamin to replenish what your body is losing by drinking. I suggest Flintstone Chewables because they taste GREAT!.....YABBA-DABBA-DOOO!!!
5) Drink Sprite, 7-Up, Or Seltzer Water To Keep Your Stomach Calm: You don't need your tummy doing extra somersaults while you're out being a Party Animal. A bubbly, non-alcoholic drink, (like the ones mentioned), help you settle your stomach down. Plus, if you stick a lime in the glass, it LOOKS like a mixed drink. No one will ever know the difference!
4) Take Alka Seltzer Before You Go To Bed And First Thing When You Wake Up: A few years back, Alka Seltzer used to market a product called "Alka Seltzer Morning Relief". This stuff was GOLD! If I could've bought stock in the company, I would have! It was the PERFECT remedy to combat a hangover because it always WORKED! Sadly, I haven't been able to find it recently. However, I have used regular Alka Seltzer in it's place, and it works just fine. "Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz, Oh What A Relief It IS!"
3) Embrace The Hair Of The Dog: Yes, if you wake up the morning after, withering in overindulgent pain, go ahead and partake in the drink that put you in that condition in the first place! Your body is going through withdrawals. So, go ahead and slowly feed it what it's crying out for! Then, wean yourself off gradually.
2) Don't Sleep: If you drink all night, and don't go to bed, you can't have a hangover because you're not waking up from anything. Thus, go ahead and pull an all-nighter! Sure, you'll be sleep-deprived, and probably in a drunken stupor. But, at least you won't be technically experiencing a hangover, because you never went to bed!
And Finally Number One!.....
1) Don't Drink: Yeah, I hate to be Captain Obvious here. But ONE sure way to not ever have a hangover is to avoid alcohol all together!
There you have it! My Top 10 Tips On How To Avoid A Hangover. Remember, if you DO drink tomorrow night, please have a Designated Driver, or call yourself a Cab. There are enough NUTS on the road on New Year's Eve. So, play it SAFE, and play it SMART! And exercise some MODERATION while you're getting your DRINK ON. And if you're not doing anything tomorrow night, or even if you are, join me for THE SATURDAY NITE REGRIND From 7 Til Midnight, as we THROW DOWN with all of your favorite Dance & Party tunes! See Ya Tomorrow Nite!
ROLL TIDE & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!