10 Random Facts About Meg Summers
So my boy Monk shared 5 random facts about himself this morning, and I thought a) why not do the same thing and b) why not double-down on the random facts? Y'all ready for this?
1. I didn't plan on being a radio DJ. I majored in English Literature at Western Kentucky University because I wanted to be a high school English teacher. I had a part-time radio gig during my college days and fell in love with the business.
2. Speaking of radio... I named this radio station after my grandfather. My Paw Paw was an avid ham radio enthusiast, and he taught me pretty much everything I know about the technical side of this industry. He was also a decorated US Marine and passed away three days before Veteran's Day in 2016. I miss him so much, and I selected the call sign of this radio station to honor him--his ham sign was WQ4R, and our call sign is WQRR.
3. I have seen My Morning Jacket in concert 12 times. No joke. My first MMJ show was at Exit/In in Nashville. I've also been to a ton of Cage the Elephant shows, as I went to school with the Schultz brothers. The pic above is from when their band was known as "Perfect Confusion," and they played our college radio benefit show back in 2005.
4. My favorite bands right now are The National, The War on Drugs, and Beach House. I'm also obsessed with Angel Olsen, Chvrches, Childish Gambino, Arctic Monkeys, and Future Islands.
5. I can't choose just one favorite movie, so here are my top five: The Big Lebowski, Almost Famous, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Boogie Nights, and Baby Driver.
6. I can, however, choose a favorite TV series: Mad Men. I have watched the entire series at least four times. It's just so good. I will also rewatch Twin Peaks at least once a year. When it comes to shows that are currently airing, my faves are Westworld, Silicon Valley, I'm Dying Up Here, Legion, and Fargo.
7. I am the proud mom of a five-year old named Dolores. We call her Dolly for short. She's the best thing that ever happened to me.
8. Every time I get a drink in a styrofoam cup, I feel the urge to bite it and look at the impressions my teeth make. I don't know why. STOP JUDGING ME. I also feel the need to have a Starbucks pink drink 2x a week.
9. My phone is like 55% pictures of my kid and 45% stupid memes I've saved.
10. When I get depressed, I watch Youtube compilations of old Vines. Wow; I am a sad individual.
There you have it. Maybe next time I'll tell y'all why I am afraid of odd numbers and can't leave my house without making sure all our TV's have been tuned to a specific station.