VIDEO: Nick Saban Talks About Preparations for Missouri
Alabama continued preparations for the Missouri Tigers on Wednesday and head coach Nick Saban made his final media appearance of the week.
One of the biggest areas of focus this week was continuing to improve following the Arkansas win and Saban said he's been pleased with the effort.
"Our players have worked hard this week to try to improve," Saban said. "I've been encouraged by the effort that we've tried to practice with."
This week's challenge is a Homecoming game against a Missouri offense that ranks near the top of the conference.
"This is a very good team that we're playing. Presents lots of issues both sides of the ball in terms of the stunting and movements they do up front on defense and the multiples personnel-wise they give you on offense."
Here's what else Saban discussed during the press conference:
- He sent thoughts and prayers to those affected by Hurricance Michael on Wednesday.
- The team continues to work hard to get better.
- Tua Tagovailoa has a sprained knee but took all the reps in practice this week.
- Lester Cotton sprained his ankle and he hopes to get back to practice before the game.
- Trevon Diggs' injury will take "a while" to heal and Saban said he'd be surprised if he made it back this season.
- DB Nigel Knott's progression at the position and his development.
- How the staff is dealing with the lack of depth at defensive back.
- Pass coverage on defense and specifically how the linebackers have been doing.
- What he remembers about playing a Nebraska during its dominant run in the 90s.