Hear What Nick Saban Had to Say In His Final Press Conference Before Tennessee
Alabama is finishing up its final preparations for a rivalry game with Tennessee on Saturday and head coach Nick Saban met with the media for the final time on Wednesday afternoon.
"I think Tennessee is playing the best football they've played all season," Saban said. "They're playing hard. They're executing well. The players look like they have a lot of confidence. So it's going to be important that we go there and play our very best game."
Alabama hasn't lost to the Vols since Saban got to Tuscaloosa and he continued to stress the importance of this game.
"Our players got to understand that years from now and years down the road when you say you played at Alabama they're going to say what was your record at Tennessee, what was your record against Auburn, and how many championships did you win? I guarantee you those are three questions that you're going to be asked."
Here's what else Saban talked about during the short press conference:
- Practice has been 'spirited' this week, which is positive.
- The focus this week has been on doing the little things and cleaning those mistakes up.
- What he's seen from Tennessee's passing game and how it's been improving.
- An update on Lester Cotton and his competition at guard.
- What makes the Alabama wide receivers so productive this season.
- DeVonta Smith hasn't been able to do much in practice so he's questionable for the game.
You can watch the entire press conference in the video at the top of the page.