October 14, 2023 - February 14, 2024
- No pre-registration or entry fee.
- Antlers must be attached to head and skinned for shoulder mount. (Full cape)
- Hunter must have a valid AL hunting license.
- Deer must be delivered fresh or frozen (skinned for mount) to Hick’s Taxidermy.
- All deer must be taken in accordance with game laws.
- Taxidermy work can be done by our partner Hick’s Taxidermy, but other are taxidermists allowed.* Hunters are responsible for all mounting fees.
- SCI Scoring Method.
- No road kills.
- Deer must be taken in the following counties: Tuscaloosa, Greene, Hale, Pickens, Sumter, Bibb, Fayette, Walker or Jefferson.
- Only native AL whitetail deer are eligible to enter contests from specified counties.
- Any or all winners are subject to polygraph.
- Winners of prizes (guns, etc.) are responsible for all applicable sales taxes.
- All contestants are responsible for taxes related to their prizes. Any contestant who wins prizes valued at $600 or more will be required to complete an IRS W-9 form certifying his or her social security number and will receive an IRS 1099 form as of the end of the year.
- 1st place weekly winners are automatically qualified for the grand prize at the conclusion of the contest in each of the following categories: Open, Youth and Bow.
- All deer to be scored must be in the hands of Hick’s Taxidermy no later than noon on Thursday, February 8, 2024.
- The Youth division is classified as fifteen years old or under at the time of harvest.
- Youth winners may be asked to provide birth certificates.
- If your deer places in the contest, you will be contacted either via phone or USPS on or before Feb. 13, 2024.
- All prizes must be picked up no later than March 30, 2024, or they will be forfeited. No exceptions. Place and time for pickup will be announced in the letter informing you if you’re the winner.
- All scoring final. No protesting allowed.
- The branch of Townsquare Media located in Tuscaloosa (TSM Tuscaloosa) has the right, at any time, to substitute any prize with a prize of similar or equal value.
- Any deer killed with a bow during bow season must have entire cape (or bring in the whole deer) to prove it was an archery kill.
- All entries picked up unmounted after February 17, 2024, will be charged with a skinning, storage and scoring fee.
- Promoters of this contest reserve the right to change or modify rules at any time by posting changes on TuscaloosaThread.com, OnlyinTuscaloosa.com, ALT1017.com, 953TheBear.com, WTUG.com, 1051TheBlock.com, Nick975.com, Tide1009.com, CatfishTuscaloosa.com and/or Praise933.com.
- By entering this contest, you give Townsquare Media and its branch in Tuscaloosa, AL, the right to use your name, picture, voice, video, etc. on radio, in digital podcasts, internet, tv or in print as part of the promotion of the Big Buck Bounty contest.
- Any photos of children under the age of 18 posted on any TSM Tuscaloosa website, app or social media account, for any purpose of the contest within or during the duration of the Big Buck Bounty promotion, may only be posted with permission by a parent/guardian of the child(ren) and by allowing permission, hereby authorize the use of said photos by the radio stations, associated brands and/or its co-sponsors of the contest.
- TSM Tuscaloosa, Hick’s Taxidermy and/ or sponsors reserve the right to remove or refuse the use of any photo posted by any party.
- All entrants agree to hold TSM Tuscaloosa, Hick’s Taxidermy and/or sponsors harmless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
- Contestants are only allowed one winning entry per category.
- Weekly prizes are awarded during the 10 weeks of gun season. First winner announced Nov. 27, and one winner will be featured each following week.
- Weekly prizes will be given to winners at the conclusion of the contest once all winners have been notified. Place and time for pickup will be announced in the letter informing you if you are the winner.
- Only applicants who enter the Youth division are eligible to win the $100 cash prize courtesy of TSM Tuscaloosa.
- Participants and/or winners release the promotion’s sponsors, Townsquare Media, Townsquare Media brands, Townsquare Media employees and Hick’s Taxidermy, along with its employees and affiliates, from any liability or claim related to participation in or winning this contest or the use of any prizes won.
- Individuals can only win one contest and/or prize in a 30-day period.
*See rule No. 17
Phone: (205) 349-3015