Meg Summers Picks Her Top 20 Favorite Albums of All Time
If you were trapped on a desert island and could only bring 20 albums with you, which ones would you bring? It's a difficult decision to make, and that's why I think people ask the question.
Narrowing my collection down to just 20 albums is basically an impossible task. I love music. I know it sounds cliche, but I do. I think my current library on Google Play is like 2,278 songs. It's crazy--but I do love a challenge, so... I thought about it, and I got it done.
Here, in no particular order, are my all-time top 20 favorite albums. These are the albums to which I've listened countless times, the ones that have seen me through breakups, makeups, long nights, and some pretty crazy times.
- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot/Wilco
- Heartbreaker/ Ryan Adams
- Kid A/ Radiohead
- Pet Sounds/ The Beach Boys
- Pretty Hate Machine/ Nine Inch Nails
- If You're Feeling Sinister/ Belle and Sebastian
- Blood on the Tracks/ Bob Dylan
- Grace/ Jeff Buckley
- A Deeper Understanding/ The War on Drugs
- Disintegration/ The Cure
- It Still Moves/ My Morning Jacket
- Something More Than Free/ Jason Isbell
- Power, Corruption, and Lies/ New Order
- Brothers/ The Black Keys
- Metamodern Sounds in Country Music/ Sturgill Simpson
- They Want My Soul/ Spoon
- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness/ The Smashing Pumpkins
- Middle Cyclone/ Neko Case
- Post-War/ M. Ward
- Sleep Well Beast/ The National