UPDATED: School Closings and Cancellations for December 16, 2019
The threat of severe weather has caused many local school systems to cancel their after school activities today.
The latest forecast from the National Weather Service suggests West Alabama could see severe storms, damaging winds of up to 70 miles an hour, golf ball size hail, and tornadoes.
The following schools are dismissing early today:
- Pickens County Schools at 12:15 p.m.
- Fayette County Schools at 1:30 p.m.
- Walker County Schools at 1:30 p.m.
- Perry County Schools at 2 p.m.
- Hale County Schools at 2 p.m.
As a precaution, the following schools have cancelled all after school activities:
- Tuscaloosa City Schools
- Tuscaloosa County Schools
- Tuscaloosa Academy
- Holy Spirit Catholic School
- North River Christian Academy