Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa and YourWay Furniture Present ‘Heartwarming Holidays 2015:’ Official Contest Rules
‘Heart Warming Holidays’ Contest (the “Contest”)
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WINNERS MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA LISTENING AREA (AS DEFINED BY ARBITRON) WHO HAS REACHED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF DECEMBER 15, 2015.
- STATIONS: The Stations hosting the contest, WBEI, WDGM, WTUG, WTSK, and WFFN, all subsidiaries of Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Stations”) with office at 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
SPONSORS: YourWay Furniture is the Title Sponsor of “Heart Warming Holidays.” Participating sponsors are listed in Section 15 of these contest rules.
- PRIZES: There will be seven (7) prizes awarded in this contest: six (6) winners and one (1) Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize is $1,000.00 from YourWay Furniture (to be awarded in the form of check). Total Grand Prize value is $1,000.00. Prize is $200 in prepaid Visa/store cards; full details are listed in section sixteen (16) of these contest rules.
- HOW TO ENTER: Listeners may enter online from 8 a.m. CST Monday, November 23, to 11:59 p.m. CST Wednesday, December 16, 2015. You may enter the Contest by going to www.b1017online.com, www.953thebear.com, www.tide991.com, www.wtug.com, or www.790wtsk.com, and selecting the tab for this contest, and entering in into the station’s loyalty club.*
LISTENERS MAY ONLY NOMINATE ANOTHER PERSON TO RECEIVE A “HEART WARMING HOLIDAY;” LISTENERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO NOMINATE THEMSELVES IN THIS CONTEST.
When submitting an entry, listeners must provide the following information: listener’s full name, address, email address, daytime phone number, evening phone number and pertinent information about the individual being nominated to receive a “Heart Warming Holiday.” This information MUST include the nominee’s full name, date of birth, address, and phone number along with a brief story about why the nominee is in need of a “Heart Warming Holiday.” Story is limited to 500 characters. NOMINEE/WINNER MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF DECEMBER 16, 2015.
*More information about each station’s loyalty club is available at each station’s respective website. Station reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
- ONLINE ENTRIES: The winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Station shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Station’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest, Station reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the Tuscaloosa, AL listening area who have reached eighteen (18) years of age as of December 15, 2015. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after December 17, 2014 were or are employees or agents of Station or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: Listeners may submit entries into the contest as described in section three of these contest rules. Applications will be reviewed by the station, and the station will choose six (6) contest winners beginning Wednesday, December 2, 2015. One (1) winner will be selected on each of the following days: Wednesday, December 3; Thursday, December 4; Wednesday, December 9; Thursday, December 10; Wednesday, December 16; Thursday, December 17, 2015 . Winners will be notified via phone call at approximately 11 am each weekday. In the event station personnel cannot immediately reach the winner by telephone, the winner has 24 hours to return the station’s phone call to remain eligible in the contest. Should the listener fail to return the station’s call within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen from eligible entries received.
Daily winners will be required to sign a release form to claim their prizes; all prizes must be claimed at the offices of Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405. Daily winners have ten (10) business days to claim their prizes, after which time the ownership of said prize reverts back to the station.
The Grand Prize Winner will be chosen by the station on Thursday, December 17, 2015. Station will notify winner via phone call at approximately 11am December 17 2015; station will then make arrangements with the winner to deliver the prize Monday, December 21, 2015. Upon delivery of prize, winner will be required to sign a release form as a condition of receiving the grand prize.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 8 a.m. on Monday, November 23, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, December 16, 2014.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Station reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Station in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Station may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
- USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Station and Prize Provider (each a “Station Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Station Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
- ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Station Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Station Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
- TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Station reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law. Winner will be required to complete a release form and W-9 form before receiving prize.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winners, available after December 22, 2015, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Heart Warming Holidays,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
- COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Heart Warming Holidays,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
- APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Alabama without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
Title Sponsor: YourWay Furniture
- Dwayne’s Towing and Recovery
- Norris Automotive
- Clayton Homes
- Northport Electrical Supply
- Hungry Howie’s
- L & L Marine
- Mary’s Travel Center
- Southeastern Consignment Furniture
- Grammer Marine
- PRIZE DETAILS: Details and expiration dates for all gift cards awarded are listed below.
- Four (4) Pre-Paid Marathon Gift Cards from Mary’s Travel Center; no listed expiration date
- Four (4) sets of $50 gift cards from Hungry Howie’s Pizza (winner will receive two (2) $20 gift cards and one (1) $10 gift card, for a total of $50 in gift cards); no listed expiration date
- Four (4) $50 MyVanilla Prepaid Visa Cards from Southeastern Consignment Furniture; listed expiration date is February 2016.
- Four (4) Pre-Paid Vanilla Visa Gift Cards from Dwayne’s Towing and Recovery; listed expiration date is March 2022.
- Eight (8) Pre-paid Visa Gift Cards from Clayton Homes; listed expiration date is February 2016.
- Four (4) $50 Wal-Mart Gift Cards from Northport Electrical Supply; no listed expiration date
- Four (4) $50 Wal-Mart Gift Cards from Grammer Marine; no listed expiration date
- Four (4) $50 Pre-Paid Alabama Credit Union Visa Gift Cards from L&L Marine; listed expiration date is April 2022.
- Four (4) $50 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Cards from Norris Automotive; listed expiration date is May 2023.