School Delays Announced Ahead of Monday Night’s Severe Weather Threat
Strong storms will be moving into Alabama on Monday night and into Tuesday morning and some area schools have already decided to delay classes.
Here is a list of some of those delays, which we'll update as more come down.
- Tuscaloosa City Schools will delay classes by two hours for students and staff on Tuesday.
- Tuscaloosa County Schools will also have a two-hour delay.
- Shelton State announced Monday afternoon that classes won't begin until 9:30 a.m.
- RISE School at UA will delay opening until 10 a.m.
- Pickens County Schools will be delayed two hours.
- Jefferson County Schools will be delayed two hours.
- The Tuscaloosa Public Library will also begin the day a little later.
Please stay tuned to our station for live weather updates. Should a tornado warning come down, we will have live coverage on the air.