Get My Glow-Up: Meg Summers’ Skincare Secrets Revealed
I am not a very vain person. I struggle with extremely low self-esteem and generally believe myself to be an aging trash goblin. Or a troll? I do like bridges.
I digress. Despite my lack of self-love, I do know one thing: I have PERFECT skin. I am ridiculously vain about my complexion and while most of it is probably good genes (thanks, Mom!), I know I owe the rest to a regular skincare routine.
Want to know how I look this good?
I am 100% serious when I say I have had people stop me in Target/Sephora/random parking lots to ask me how I get such glowing skin.
It's pretty basic. I used to go WAAAAAAAY overboard. I was capping out at, like, 15+ products a day. It was too much. In the past two years I've kept it simple and have seen even better results.
- Wash face with water only and pat dry. If I feel too oily, I'll do a quick wash with First Aid Beauty's Pure Skin Face Cleanser.
- Moisturize with CeraVe's Hydrating Hyaluonic Acid Serum and Sunday Riley's Auto Correct Eye Cream.
- Protect with SPF of 30 or higher (lately I've been skipping foundation and using First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer)
- Remove makeup with Make-up Eraser
- Wash face with First Aid Beauty's Pure Skin Face Cleanser and one of those cheap silicone scrubby boys
- Exfoliate manually with Lancer's The Method Polish (3x a week)
- Exfoliate chemically with Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel (3x a week. NOTE; I will NEVER ever EVER go without this product. I swear by it and you can take it from me when you pry it from my cold, dead, and very-young-looking hands)
- Treat wrinkles with The Ordinary's 10% Matrixyl + HA
- Moisturize with CeraVe's Skin Renewing Night Cream
The best advice I can give you is:
- NEVER sleep in your makeup
- ALWAYS wear SPF
- Don't overdo it
Got any products you recommend I try out? Message me on our app so I can work on my glowup.