Just when I thought the weirdness of 2021 was gone for good...

Now this happens. An Alabama teenager was watching a movie at an Alabama AMC Theatres location, and got the shock of his young life.

Get our free mobile app

The teenager was trying to watch a screening of the #1 movie, "Spider-Man: No Way Home", while eating some theatre popcorn.

Sony Pictures' "Spider-Man: No Way Home" Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals
Getty Images
loading...

 

Ayden Whitton had only been watching the new chapter of "Spider-Man" when it happened.

Sony Pictures' "Spider-Man: No Way Home" Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals
Getty Images
loading...

 

He reached in to his popcorn bucket at the AMC Mobile 16 when he felt something furry.

You should never feel something furry in the popcorn bucket.

According to AL.com, Ayden and company found it amusing.

I don't know if I would find it funny to have a rat in my popcorn.

To think, Ayden had spent hours and hours watching all of the other Spider-Man films in preparation for the new film.

Many of us have had the unfortunate experience of finding critters and such in our food. When I was a youngster, my older brother, found a cockroach (dead at least) in his can of Hormel chili. I will never forget the outcome of that experience after calling Hormel and the FDA. My brother was told "We have the legal right for our products to contain up to 2% filler".

That's extremely unsettling to hear and think about. Ayden not only felt the furry rat, it BIT him while in the theatre.

Can anyone say lawsuit?

I know, at the moment he and his family claim it's amusing but how long will they find it funny?

Probably right up to the point a seasoned lawyer makes contact.

Alabama Fish Consumption Advisories for West Alabama

Top 10 Places to Cure the Munchies in Tuscaloosa

Hey, man--feeling hungry? Check out our list of the ten best places to cure the munchies in Tuscaloosa.

How Alabamians Like Their Fried Bologna Sandwiches